Thursday, November 18, 2010

RANT: Vancouver BC: Choosing an affordable local wireless carrier

History:

Bell Mobility

I dumped Bell back on 20100501 and haven't looked back.
Even though my contract term had lapsed, Bell stuck me with a sucker fee built into the agreement which required I pay an additional month to cover the 30 day cancellation notice. This is my fault as a consumer for not demanding a copy of the original agreement in a size I can read, and reading it in full. I assumed that ending the contract term meant I could cancel at any time.  That was my mistake, and I accept it.
In my mind there is no justification for this charge. This is purely punative, and so it will forever impact my opinion of Bell.  Combining this with my the Past incident when Bell canceled my service on their Unlimited plan for using it too much, that leaves Bell Canada with 2 strikes against them. Even if they start actively competing with the new wireless providers entering the market this year WIND and Mobilicity (Formerly DAVE Wireless), I will still think of them as a provider of last resort. I don't think of myself as one who holds a grudge, reather as judging copmanies by their past practices.

WIND

No comments:

Post a Comment